Thursday, April 7, 2011

Four days out

Is it four days? Or five? I'm going with four, I stopped moving on Sunday and today is Thursday.

It seems like it was so much longer ago... or at the least that I didn't run 84 miles last weekend (I still have a hard time fathoming that distance)

Today my weight is lower than it was before the race. The food binge has started to slow down some (finally, I was starting to run out of food and am too lazy to go to the store). I have zero pain or soreness left. My left foot still feels a little odd, but I'm no longer thinking I need a medical opinion. In fact, the main problem right now seems to be related to me kicking the sidewalk at a perfectly stupid angle last night when I went out to get the kids for dinner. I may nor may not have done something similar in the past to know what the sensation is... *cough, looking the other way*

Last night was the first night I didn't crash before 11. This morning I was up at 6:30, but that was because my 5-year-old woke me up at that time calmly and politely asking for tissue. Still half asleep, I was fumbling around for the tissue box as I asked why. In the same calm way, he told me his nose was bleeding. Yep, I'm awake now...

And right now I really just want a nap. That's the only thing that seems to linger - the fatigue. I usually get by on 5-6 hours of sleep a night. The week before the race, I took melatonin and slept 9-10 hours a night. This week, no melatonin - but 9-10 hours is not a problem.

I can't wait till next weekend - 24-hour ultra "relay." I am trying to stick to the advice I got about taking the next couple of weeks off, knowing I have that coming up. I managed to survive 84 miles without any damage, now to make it through the spring and fall the same way...  :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious. I have not gotten a 9-10 hours of sleep since the race. The most is 8 on Wednesday night.

    Let's get together to trade some knowledge. I'll share my eating skill and you can share your blister management skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had problems with insomnia - I think the melatonin may have helped me remember how to sleep and now I just need the recovery. I had a really hard week of training last fall - that combined with some personal crap going on gave me a raging migraine. I left work early, came home and slept 16 hours straight. I learned my lesson there - if I need sleep, I don't argue.

    More than happy to share blister management info - it is probably one of the most important things I learned over the last year!

    ReplyDelete